The Flexera 2021 State of the Cloud Report reveals cloud computing trends and whilst it’s no surprise to see 80% of enterprise organisations choosing hybrid, as it gives them greater ability to adapt to change it does also add complexity. Whilst most organisations have a cloud/digital transformation strategy and plethora of choice the nuances and intricacies do create uncertainty, slow decision making resulting in delayed execution which can become a costly decision.
We will be focusing on the top 5 cloud adoption challenges identified in the Flexera report and explore with the audience the nature of these challenges, how they have impacted their organisations, and provide insights into how to overcome them.
• Governance - We will discuss cloud governance, including the rules and protocols organisation should have in place to effectively operate in a cloud environment, enhance data security, manage risks, and keep things running smoothly.
• Lack of Expertise - We will discuss the impacts of lack of expertise and how to overcome them, examine which skills are in most demand, how they differ from existing IT norms and the benefits of a skilled workforce.
• Cloud Migration - We will discuss the benefits of a cloud migration, including the steps that need to be considered, at the readiness, execution, governance and catalogue stages of the cloud journey.
• Security - We will discuss security in the cloud and the policies, controls, procedures and technologies that work together to protect cloud-based systems, data, and infrastructure.
• Managing Cloud Spend - We will discuss managing cloud spend, the process of reducing your overall cloud spend by identifying mismanaged resources, eliminating waste, reserving capacity for higher discounts, and Right Sizing computing services to scale.